Mobility innovations have been top-of-mind for many automotive manufacturers, suppliers, and consumers. While CES displayed few completed automotive products, the automotive industry had a bigger presence this year than previous shows:
- Autonomous cars: Autonomous cars will not be hitting the market within the next few years, though manufacturers have taken large strides toward driverless vehicles. Toyota has even launched plans to create a fully autonomous city.
- ADAS: The auto industry’s answer to fading optimism surrounding autonomous cars is advanced driver assistance systems, particularly for highway driving and automated parking. The focus for ADAS is increased driver safety, and consumers are already seeing products hit the market.
- Smart biometrics systems: Automotive manufacturers are beginning to introduce biometrics to improve historical safety concerns and as a bridge toward fully autonomous vehicles. This technology will allow vehicles to recognize drivers, monitor breathing, and detect pulses to ensure the safety of passengers.
Industrials & Building Products
Technology giants have made astounding progress in industrial technology over the last decade. With countless products already on the market, we see a continued upward trajectory of innovation in some areas, while others fall behind:
- Privacy and security in smart building: While we continue to see smart technology dominating the market, 2020 is showing increasing attention to security with more sophisticated products and regulatory changes surrounding data privacy.
- Lack of environmental technology: We continue to see a surprising lack of green and environmental technology making headway in the industry, with smart technology and home automation dominating the market.
DuckerFrontier’s Automotive and Industrials teams are at the forefront of key trends impacting the industry. Our goal is to help clients deliver growth solutions to support critical decisions and growth strategies. How can we help you deliver better outcomes for your business? Contact us to connect with a team member.